Bullish options flow was detected in AMD stock on December 12, 2019.
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced the AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT graphics card, harnessing the power of the groundbreaking AMD RDNA gaming architecture, up to 8GB of memory and innovative AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition features to unlock the next level of high-performance 1080p gameplay.
The latest addition to the AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 series graphics offerings announced in October, the AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT graphics card is optimized to deliver high-performance 1080p AAA and esports gaming. Built on industry-leading 7nm process technology, supporting high-bandwidth PCIe® 4.0 technology and available with either 4GB or 8GB of high-speed GDDR6 memory, it provides up to 13 percent faster performance on average in today’s top AAA games than the competition1, and delivers up to 60+ frames-per-second (FPS) in select AAA games3 and up to 90+ FPS in select top esports titles4.
“Today more than 64 percent of gamers play at 1080p5, and they expect high framerates with high-fidelity graphics, low latency and fully immersive gaming experiences,” said Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager, Radeon Technologies Group at AMD. “We designed the AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT graphics card with these gamers in mind, bringing the horsepower and power efficiency of AMD RDNA graphics architecture at an accessible price so gamers everywhere can enjoy blistering framerates and crisp visuals in their favorite titles.”
Delivering incredible performance and power efficiency, the AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT graphics card offers a host of exciting capabilities and AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition features to deliver incredibly fluid and immersive 1080p gaming experiences, including:
- AMD RDNA Architecture – Built from the ground up for superior performance, scalability and power efficiency, and designed to power the future of gaming, AMD RDNA gaming architecture provides up to 1.6X higher gaming performance-per-watt than Radeon™ graphics cards based on the prior-generation Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture.
- AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag – AMD Radeon Anti-Lag significantly decreases input-to-display response times, including making Overwatch up to 22 percent more responsive and offering a competitive edge in gameplay.
- AMD Radeon™ Boost – Delivers up to a 20 percent performance boost during fast-motion gaming scenarios in PUBG by dynamically reducing image resolution, increasing framerates and fluidity, and bolstering responsiveness with little to no perceptible change in image quality.
- AMD Radeon™ Image Sharpening (RIS) – Brings crispness and clarity to in-game visuals that have been softened by upscaling and post-process effects in DirectX® 9, 11, 12 and Vulkan® titles. When paired with Radeon™ GPU upscaling, RIS enables sharp visuals and fluid frame rates on high-resolution displays.
- AMD FidelityFX – An open-source toolkit for game developers making it easier for them to add high-quality post-process effects that make games look beautiful while offering the optimal balance of visual fidelity and performance. Available on GPUOpen, FidelityFX features Contrast-Adaptive Sharpening (CAS), which draws out detail in low-contrast areas while minimizing artifacts caused by typical image sharpening routines.
- Largest gaming display ecosystem12 – With over 900 certified monitors to choose from, gamers can enjoy stutter-free, tear-free gameplay with AMD Radeon FreeSync™ and Radeon FreeSync™ 2 HDR technology.
On December 10, 2019, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced that its powerful new AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700X GPU is a configuration option in the latest Apple Mac Pro, adding to the previously released ultra-high performance AMD Radeon™ Pro Vega II and AMD Radeon™ Pro 580X GPUs. The AMD Radeon Pro W5700X GPU is designed to help Mac Pro users cut through all types of professional visual content creation workloads with ease.
Built on advanced AMD RDNA architecture optimized for performance, scalability and power efficiency, AMD Radeon Pro W5700X GPUs provide workstation-class performance for rendering, 8K video playback, video editing and effects, and computationally intensive tasks.
“The new Apple Mac Pro provides professionals with leadership levels of performance and memory bandwidth to power high-end creative applications,” said Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager, Radeon Technologies Group at AMD. “With multiple advanced AMD Radeon Pro GPUs to choose from, customers can select the best Mac Pro configuration to tackle the heaviest of workloads, unleash creativity and increase productivity.”
Enabled by industry-leading 7nm process technology, high-bandwidth GDDR6 memory and high-performance, energy-efficient AMD RDNA architecture, AMD Radeon Pro W5700X GPUs provide cutting-edge performance creative professionals can rely on for all types of computationally demanding projects. Key capabilities and features include:
- Exceptional compute performance – Equipped with 40 compute units, the AMD Radeon Pro W5700X GPU delivers up to 9.5 TFLOPS of theoretical single-precision (FP32) floating point performance.
- AMD RDNA architecture – AMD RDNA architecture enables AMD Radeon Pro W5700X GPUs to deliver exceptional performance matched with remarkable power efficiency.
- Advanced GDDR6 Memory – Up to 32GB of advanced GDDR6 memory with up to 448 GB/s bandwidth provides ultra-fast transfer speeds to power data-intensive professional applications.