The top news stories this weekend from stocks on the GuerillaStockTrading watch list.
Apple Inc. (AAPL)
- (11/12) Top Ten: Weekend roundup: Valeant’s earnings games | Tesla’s junk | How Apple stashes cash – Here are MarketWatch articles to read this weekend.
- (11/11) 3 Things I Like About the Apple iPhone X – No home button. No problem.
- (11/12) Apple Inc. (AAPL) Unveils Weekend In-App Deals In iOS App Store – StockNews.com (blog)
- (11/11) Apple buys Newark startup that offers improved low-light camera photography
- (11/11) 3 Upgrades to Expect in Apple Inc.’s 2018 iPhone Lineup – Look for more memory, a better selfie cam, and 3D sensing capabilities on the rear-facing camera.
TASER International, Inc. (AAXN)
- (11/12) Here’s Where Things Went Wrong For Axon Enterprise in 2017 – The stun-gun and body-camera maker had more than one thing go wrong for it this year.
- (11/11) Zamansky LLC Investigates Axon Enterprises (AAXN) for Potential Breaches of Fiduciary Duties to Shareholders – Zamansky LLC announces that it is investigating Axon Enterprises Inc. for potential breaches of fiduciary duties to shareholders. Axon, which was formerly named Taser International, is a manufacturer of electrical weapons and body cameras which it sells to local law enforcement departments.
Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)
- (11/11) [$$] Canaccord Genuity Puts Buy Tag on AMD
- (11/12) Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Stock Is Stuck After Its Big Turnaround – Investorplace.com
Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN)
- (11/12) ‘Amazon Amendment’ could put billions in federal spending onto e-commerce giant’s platform
- (11/12) [$$] Now Featured on Wal-Mart’s Website: Higher Prices
- (11/11) Alibaba’s Singles Day Is About to Put Amazon Prime Day to Shame
- (11/11) Amazon ‘Black Friday’ 2017: Early Echo, Echo Dot, Fire TV, Kindle Deals
- (11/11) Amazon Is Winning the Battle for the Connected Household – The combination of Prime and Alexa is cementing Amazon as the leading platform for the modern home.
- (11/11) Amazon seeks staff in European insurance push (AMZN)
- (11/11) Amazon (AMZN) to Open Fourth Fulfillment Center in Baltimore … – Nasdaq
- (11/11) Still Time for Amazon.com, Inc. CEO Jeff Bezos to Step Up … – Investorplace.com
- (11/11) Could Macy’s be Amazon’s next target? – Seeking Alpha
- (11/11) 4 Reasons Amazon.com, Inc. Stock Will Win Big This Holiday … – Investorplace.com
BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. (BDSI)
- (11/12) 5 Small Biotechs Receive Shots in the Arm – TheStreet.com
- (11/11) BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. (BDSI) – Lookout Unusual Volume stock – Wall Street Morning
- (11/11) Deutsche Bank picks asset-management IPO bookrunners -source – FRANKFURT, Nov 11 (Reuters) – Deutsche Bank has selected Barclays, Citigroup and Credit Suisse as senior bookrunners for the initial public offering (IPO) of its asset-management arm, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Saturday.
- (11/12) Southern Peru Copper Corp., Sucursal del Perú
- (11/11) Citigroup: Undervalued Stock With Improving Fundamentals – Seeking Alpha
- (11/11) Citigroup Inc Technical Analysis
- (11/11) 10 U.S. Cities with Skyrocketing Home Values –
- (11/11) How To Play Singles Day – Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (NYSE: BABA) has its biggest weekend of the year: Singles Day. While American shoppers are gearing up for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Chinese shoppers, particularly younger, single shoppers, are celebrating the Chinese version of an anti-Valentine’s Day by snatching up huge deals on Alibaba’s e-commerce platform. Expectations Are High Alibaba registered $12 billion in gross merchandise volume in its first two hours of Singles Day sales on Friday, and analysts are expecting this year’s event to be the biggest ever. Citigroup is calling for $23.8 billion in …Full story available on Benzinga.com
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG)
- (11/12) Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.: New App, New Problems – Chipotle’s management has high hopes for the company’s new mobile app. Unfortunately, it seems to have just as many problems as the old one.
- (11/11) See what the IHS Markit Score report has to say about Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc.
China Cord Blood Corporation (CO)
- China Cord Blood Corporation (NYSE:CO) will be releasing earnings after the market closes on Wednesday, November 15, Yahoo Finance Previews.
Credit Suisse Group (CS)
- (11/12) [$$] Activist fund pushes Credit Suisse chief on cost-cuts – The activist hedge fund that called for a break-up of Credit Suisse has stepped up demands for more aggressive cost-cutting at the bank, potentially backed by another round of capital raising, after meeting …
- (11/11) SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC Announces Investigation of Credit Suisse Group A.G. (CS)
- (11/12) Activist fund pushes Credit Suisse chief on cost-cuts
- (11/11) Broker Forecast – Credit Suisse issues a broker note on Burberry Group PLC
CVD Equipment Corporation (CVV)
- CVD Equipment Corporation (NASDAQ:CVV) will be releasing earnings after the market closes on Monday, November 13, Yahoo Finance Previews.
Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DAL)
- (11/11) Delta Air Lines, Inc. breached its 50 day moving average in a Bullish Manner : DAL-US : November 9, 2017
Deciphera Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Walt Disney Company (The) (DIS)
- (11/12) Disney Shares More Info on its Netflix-Like Streaming Service
- (11/12) ‘Daddy’s Home 2’ Tops ‘Orient Express,’ But Both Are Box Office Winners
- (11/12) Why Disney Rejected China’s Day-And-Date Release Offer For ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ – In an unusual move, the Mouse House has turned down the Chinese film authority’s generous offer of a day-and-date release.
- (11/11) Disneyland guests contracted Legionnaires’ disease – Disneyland has shut down two bacteria-contaminated cooling towers after visitors to the California theme park contracted Legionnaires’ disease. The Orange County Health Care Agency said 12 people, aged 52 to 94, contracted the bacteria that causes the disease in September. Ten were hospitalized with the disease, also known as legionellosis, a lung infection that is caused by contaminated water or mist and which can cause pneumonia.
- (11/11) ‘Thor,’ ‘Bad Moms Christmas,’ ‘Jigsaw’ Hold Strong At Friday Box Office – ‘Lady Bird’ continues to flourish in limited release.
- (11/11) Netflix Doesn’t Have to Lose for Disney to Win in Streaming – Disney has big plans for the streaming service it will roll out in the latter half of 2019, but its success won’t necessarily come at the expense of Netflix.
- (11/11) Disney escapes a post-earnings drop by using the Force — but it’s a trap
- (11/11) ESPN streaming service to launch in spring 2018
- (11/11) Netflix Stock Retreats On Disney Competitive Threat
- (11/11) Disney Shows Business Savvy With Pricing, Original Content Plans For Streaming Service – Disney has announced it has a number of original television series in development for its streaming service, including Star Wars and Marvel. It just might be Disney’s next big business success.
Facebook, Inc. (FB)
- (11/12) Stop being cheap and miserable — here’s how to save money by spending
- (11/11) New Kevin Spacey accuser tells of 1981 ‘wordless’ assault, then ‘scary anger’ – Andy Holtzman became the 15th man to accuse Kevin Spacey of sexually assaulting him after he posted his story on his private Facebook page.
- (11/12) Better Buy: Facebook Inc vs. Google – How can you choose between two amazing companies? Here’s one way to try…
- (11/11) 2 Sectors, 2 Top Stocks for 2018: Apple Inc. (AAPL), Facebook Inc (FB) – Smarter Analyst
- (11/11) Facebook Is Asking You To Send Nudes, Literally – To get ahead of your ex posting ‘revenge porn,’ Facebook is asking you to submit more than a profile picture.
F5 Networks, Inc. (FFIV)
General Finance Corporation (GFN)
- (11/11) General Finance Corporation to Present at the 2017 Southwest IDEAS Investor Conference – PASADENA, Calif., Nov. 10, 2017– General Finance Corporation, a leading specialty rental services company in North America and in the Asia-Pacific region of Australia and New Zealand, announced today …
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD)
- (11/12) 3 Top Biotech Stocks for 2018 – Celgene Corp., Juno Therapeutics, and Cara Therapeutics are three biotech stocks to watch in 2018.
- (11/11) Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) stock RSI moves below 30, it is oversold – Gears Of Biz
Glu Mobile Inc. (GLUU)
- (11/11) ETFs with exposure to Glu Mobile, Inc. : November 10, 2017 – Categories: ETFs Yahoo FinanceClick here to see latest analysis ETFs with exposure to Glu Mobile, Inc. Here are 5 ETFs with the largest exposure to GLUU-US. Comparing the performance and risk of Glu Mobile, Inc. with the ETFs that have exposure to it gives us some ETF choices that could give us similar returns with lower volatility. Ticker … Read more (Read more…)
Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL)
- (11/12) Have Investors Already Priced In Alphabet Inc’s (GOOGL) Growth?
- (11/12) Who loses when big companies funnel $699 billion to tax havens
- (11/12) [$$] Without Humans, Artificial Intelligence Is Pretty Stupid – Whether it’s winning at games like Go or keeping watch for Russian influence operations, the best AI-powered systems require humans to play an active role in their creation, tending and operation.
- (11/11) How Alphabet Inc (GOOGL) Is Becoming An AI Powerhouse – StockNews.com (blog)
Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) (GS)
- (11/12) Bitcoin Drops below $6,000 as Bitcoin Cash Surges
- (11/12) Nvidia, Goldman Among 5 Bitcoin Stocks To Watch As Cryptocurrency Soars – Nvidia, Advanced Micro Devices, Goldman Sachs, CME Group and CBOE are all Bitcoin-related plays to watch.
- (11/11) Is Goldman Sachs’ Stock Worth a Look? – Three reasons to think that Goldman Sachs’ stock is reasonably priced.
- (11/12) Marchex, Inc. (MCHX) Stake Boosted by Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
Granite Construction Incorporated (GVA)
Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc. (HII)
- (11/11) It’s Smooth Sailing for Shareholders as Huntington Ingalls Crushes on Earnings – Or is it? Beneath the surface, worries about cash flow loom.
- (11/12) Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc. 2017 Q3 – Results – Earnings Call Slides
- (11/11) Defense Stock Roundup: LDOS, HII, OA Earnings Beat, LMT Wins Big – Nasdaq
- (11/11) Huntington Ingalls Industries Rated Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Equality By Human Rights Campaign – GlobeNewswire (press release)
- (11/11) IAC CEO Levin Says There’s No Formula for Spinoffs
- (11/11) Edited Transcript of IAC earnings conference call or presentation 9-Nov-17 1:30pm GMT
- (11/11) IAC/InterActiveCorp (IAC) PT Raised to $155 at Barclays on 3Q Report; ‘Match & HomeAdvisor Exceeding Expectations, Driving Most of Value Creation’
- (11/11) IAC/InterActiveCorp (IAC) PT Raised to $155 at Barclays on 3Q Report; ‘Match & HomeAdvisor Exceeding Expectations … – StreetInsider.com
- (11/11) IAC/InterActiveCorp’s (IAC) CEO Joey Levin on Q3 2017 Results – Earnings Call Transcript – Seeking Alpha
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)
- (11/12) 3 Dicey Tech Dividends Up To 13.3% – Sell Now! – Technology changes so fast these days that firms in the sector can see their profits quickly vanish. Sadly, their dividends can disappear just as quickly!
- (11/11) Australia museum, IBM launch frog-count app for a deep dive into pond population
- (11/11) IBM Announces Advances to IBM Quantum Systems & Ecosystem
- (11/11) IBM Ups Pressure on Rivals With Quantum Computer Prototype
- (11/11) IBM says it’s reached milestone in quantum computing
- (11/11) IBM has freed itself from the tyranny of Helvetica
- (11/11) International Business Machines Corp. : IBM-US: Dividend Analysis : November 10th, 2017 (record date) : By the numbers : November 10, 2017
- (11/11) Could Vivant Help IBM Arrest Fall of Global Business Services? – On November 2, 2017, US-based (SPY) information technology giant International Business Machines (IBM) confirmed that it has finalized its acquisition of Vivant Digital.
- (11/11) Inside IBM’s Capital Return Program – In 3Q17, IBM had $1.4 billion in dividends and $0.9 billion in repurchases for a combined $2.3 billion.
- (11/12) IBM raises pressure on rivals with quantum computer prototype – Houston Chronicle
Internap Co. (INAP)
- (11/11) ETFs with exposure to Internap Corp. : November 9, 2017 – Categories: ETFs Yahoo FinanceClick here to see latest analysis ETFs with exposure to Internap Corp. Here are 5 ETFs with the largest exposure to INAP-US. Comparing the performance and risk of Internap Corp. with the ETFs that have exposure to it gives us some ETF choices that could give us similar returns with lower volatility. Ticker Fund Name … Read more (Read more…)
Inphi Corporation (IPHI)
Intevac, Inc. (IVAC)
Jagged Peak Energy Inc. (JAG)
- (11/11) Edited Transcript of JAG.N earnings conference call or presentation 9-Nov-17 4:00pm GMT – Q3 2017 Jagged Peak Energy Inc Earnings Call
- (11/11) Jagged Peak Energy Sees IBD RS Rating Climb To 72 – A Relative Strength Rating upgrade for Jagged Peak Energy shows improving technical performance. Will it continue?
Liberty Global PLC (LBTYA)
- (11/11) Liberty Global to Present at the Morgan Stanley European Technology, Media & Telecom Conference
Lloyds Banking Group PLC (LYG)
- (11/11) Lloyds Banking Group plc (NYSE: LYG) – Most Recent Figure Make This Stock Even More Attractive – Alpha Beta Stock
- (11/11) Technicals in Focus: Lloyds Banking Group plc (NYSE: LYG) – Alpha Beta Stock
Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. (LYV)
- (11/11) Las Vegas Massacre Could Cost Insurers More Than $1 Billion – The deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history is adding to soaring costs for insurance companies, which are already taking a beating this year from an onslaught of hurricanes, earthquakes and wildfires….
MannKind Corporation (MNKD)
- MannKind Corporation was the recipient of a large growth in short interest in October. As of October 31st, there was short interest totalling 30,369,247 shares, a growth of 15.3% from the October 13th total of 26,337,802 shares.
- (11/12) Does MannKind Have Enough Funds to Support the Afrezza Launch? 3Q Earnings Disaster Leaves Questions – It was a bad day to be a MannKind Corporation (NASDAQ:MNKD) investor yesterday after the biotech stock took an around 8% beating in the market on back of a dismal third quarter showing for diabetes drug Afrezza. Maxim analyst Jason Kolbert is shaking his head in frustration, relieved he recently ran to the sidelines.
- (11/12) MannKind Has Much Room for Upside in Diabetes Market: Here’s Why – MannKind Corporation (NASDAQ:MNKD) could be ready to capture an enticing amount of diabetes market share despite what the Street mostly dismissed as a third quarter stumble for its inhalable insulin Afrezza. What has H.C. Wainwright’s Oren Livnat so confident that more script growth lies ahead for the biotech firm?
Mosaic Company (The) (MOS)
The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG)
- (11/12) Stocks Showing Improving Market Leadership: Madison Square Garden Earns 81 RS Rating – Madison Square Garden sees its Relative Strength Rating move into the 80-plus level.
Mulesoft Inc (MULE)
- (11/12) ETFs with exposure to MuleSoft, Inc. : November 9, 2017 – Categories: ETFs Yahoo FinanceClick here to see latest analysis ETFs with exposure to MuleSoft, Inc. Here are 5 ETFs with the largest exposure to MULE-US. Comparing the performance and risk of MuleSoft, Inc. with the ETFs that have exposure to it gives us some ETF choices that could give us similar returns with lower volatility. Ticker Fund Name … Read more (Read more…)
- (11/12) Alameda tech company raises $25 million as it heads toward an IPO – Alameda-based tech company Jitterbit raised $25 million to help fuel its growth internationally as it keeps its sights set on going public within two years, the CEO told the Business Times. Jitterbit, which helps businesses integrate their data across different systems, has around 170 employees and expects to add another 50 in the next year across its offices in the Untied States, Europe and Asia. Much of the growth will be in the sales and marketing teams, Jitterbit CEO George Gallegos said, as the company takes on bigger customers and ramps up to an IPO.
- (11/12) Mulesoft Reports a Strong Quarter, but Is the Stock a Buy? – The application network company posted a strong third quarter.
- (11/12) Trader’s Round Up: Innoviva, Inc., (NASDAQ: INVA), MuleSoft, Inc., (NYSE: MULE), Carter’s, Inc., (NYSE: CRI), On … – Stocks In The News (press release)
Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. (NBIX)
- (11/12) INGREZZA®, First FDA Approved Product for the Treatment of Tardive Dyskinesia, Receives Outstanding Therapeutic Product Award from Prestigious California Life Sciences Association – SAN DIEGO, Nov. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. (NBIX) announced today that INGREZZA® (valbenazine) capsules, the first FDA approved product indicated for the treatment of adults with tardive dyskinesia (TD), a condition characterized by uncontrollable, abnormal and repetitive movements of the trunk, extremities and/or face, was awarded the 2017 Pantheon DiNA Award for Outstanding Therapeutic Product by the California Life Sciences Association (CLSA). CLSA is the state’s largest and most influential life sciences advocacy and business leadership organization. CLSA will honor this year’s winners at the 2017 Pantheon DiNA Awards ceremony on Friday, November 10, at the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco.
Newfield Exploration Company (NFX)
Nuance Communications, Inc. (NUAN)
- (11/12) Nuance Named CES 2018 Innovation Awards Honoree – BURLINGTON, Mass., Nov. 09, 2017– Nuance Communications, Inc. today announced that it has been named a CES 2018 Innovation Awards Honoree for its Dragon Drive connected car platform in the award program’ …
NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)
- NVIDIA Corporation was the target of a large decrease in short interest during the month of October. As of October 31st, there was short interest totalling 12,799,594 shares, a decrease of 12.8% from the October 13th total of 14,681,832 shares.
- (11/12) NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) Earnings Destroy Expectations – Yahoo Finance
- (11/12) NVIDIA Corp. Tries to Cash In on “Star Wars” Hype – NVIDIA is now selling $1,200 graphics cards that resemble light sabers.
Novartis AG (NVS)
- (11/12) Novartis posts eye drug data amid play for Eylea’s turf – Novartis’s (NOVN.S) bid to move in on Bayer’s (BAYGn.DE) and Regeneron’s (REGN.O) eye-drug turf was buoyed on Friday by data showing patients on the Swiss drugmaker’s new RTH258 drug showed less disease activity than those on its rivals’ drug Eylea. Active disease was observed in 23.5 percent of RTH258 patients versus 33.5 percent of Eylea patients at 16 weeks, Novartis said, of its investigational treatment for wet age-related macular degeneration (AMD), where abnormal, leaky blood vessels can cause blindness. A second, similar study found active disease in 21.9 percent of RTH258 patients versus 31.4 percent of those on Eylea for the condition affecting 20-25 million people worldwide.
- (11/12) Better Buy: Exelixis, Inc. vs. Novartis AG – Which stock wins in a head-to-head matchup between a rising biotech star and an established big pharma leader?
Overstock.com, Inc. (OSTK)
- Overstock.com was the recipient of a large growth in short interest in October. As of October 31st, there was short interest totalling 5,166,914 shares, a growth of 108.3% from the October 13th total of 2,480,028 shares.
- (11/12) Replay of Overstock.com Q3 Earnings Call Available Now
- (11/12) Overstock shares may soar 60 percent if company sells retail biz to focus on bitcoin, analyst says
- (11/12) Bitcoin is giving this stock a huge boost
- (11/12) Overstock Makes New All-Time High And Retreats
Ringcentral, Inc. (RNG)
- (11/12) RingCentral (RNG) Catches Eye: Stock Jumps 8.9%
- (11/12) RingCentral announces Q3 2017 results
Southern Copper Corporation (SCCO)
Sina Corporation (SINA)
Sun Life Financial Inc. (SLF)
- (11/11) /C O R R E C T I O N — Sun Life Global Investments (Canada) Inc./ – In the news release, Sun Life Global Investments announces changes to Sun Life Sentry Infrastructure Fund, issued Oct 31, 2017 by Sun Life Global Investments, please note changes in the first and second …
- (11/12) /C O R R E C T I O N — Sun Life Global Investments (Canada) Inc … – Markets Insider
- (11/11) /CORRECTION — Sun Life Global Investments (Canada) Inc./ – Markets Insider
SunPower Corporation (SPWR)
- (11/11) SunPower Stock Surges 15% after 3Q17 Earnings Release – SunPower (SPWR) announced its 3Q17 earnings before market hours on November 2. In this series, we’ll examine SunPower’s 3Q17 results in detail and compare the results with analysts’ estimates.
- (11/11) Why SunPower Reported Lower 3Q17 Revenues – SunPower (SPWR) reports its revenue under the power plant, residential, and commercial segments. The latter two segments are together called the distributed generation segments.
- (11/11) How SunPower’s Costs in 3Q17 Affected Its Gross Margin – In 3Q17, the cost of revenue of SunPower’s (SPWR) power plant segment was reported at $234.9 million, compared to $328.7 million in 3Q16.
- (11/11) The Solar + Energy Storage Space Has a Surprising Power Player (And It’s Not Tesla) – Half of SunPower’s commercial solar installations in 2018 may have energy storage attached.
- (11/11) The Solar + Energy Storage Space Has a Surprising Power Player (And It’s Not Tesla) – Half of SunPower’s commercial solar installations in 2018 may have energy storage attached.
Square, Inc. (SQ)
- (11/12) Edited Transcript of SQ earnings conference call or presentation 8-Nov-17 10:00pm GMT – Q3 2017 Square Inc Earnings Call
- (11/11) Square Stock Jumps to Fresh Highs, Remains Overbought – Square shares moved sharply higher after the company posted strong third quarter results, but traders will be watching these levels.
- (11/11) Square Eclipses Twitter as Market Value Tops $15 Billion – Jack Dorsey is losing at his own game. Or is he winning?
- (11/12) Square Eclipses Twitter as Market Value Tops $15 Billion – Bloomberg
- (11/12) Why Square Inc Stock Will Continue Higher After Third Quarter Earnings – Investorplace.com
Switch, Inc. (SWCH)
- Switch (NYSE:SWCH) will be releasing earnings after the market closes on Monday, November 13, Zacks Earnings Dates.
- Switch’s (NYSE:SWCH) quiet period will end on Wednesday, November 15th. Switch had issued 31,250,000 shares in its IPO on October 6th. The total size of the offering was $531,250,000 based on an initial share price of $17.00. During the company’s quiet period, insiders and underwriters involved in the IPO are prevented from issuing any earnings forecasts or research reports for the company because of regulations issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission. Following the end of the company’s quiet period, the brokerages that served as underwriters will likely initiate research coverage on the company.
Symantec Corporation (SYMC)
- (11/11) Understanding Symantec’s Growth Pillar
- (11/11) The Impact of Symantec’s Cost-Cutting Program
- (11/11) Vodafone Group Becomes #44 Most Shorted Nasdaq 100 Component, Replacing Symantec
Tencent Holding Ltd. (TCEHY)
- (11/11) [$$] Bummed About Not Investing in the Tech Rally? Try Asia
- (11/11) 4 Hot ETF Deals for Singles’ Day
- (11/11) CORRECTED: Video games could be next for Snapchat, China’s Tencent says – SAN FRANCISCO/HONG KONG (Reuters) – Chinese gaming and social media company Tencent Holdings Ltd on Thursday flagged video games and ad sales as areas where it thinks it could help Snapchat owner Snap Inc after acquiring a 12 percent stake in the U.S. firm. Snap disclosed in a U.S. regulatory filing on Wednesday that Tencent recently bought 145.8 million of its shares on the open market, fueling investor speculation about how the two companies might work together. The U.S. social media company has struggled since its March initial public offering to meet analyst expectations for user growth, and it is locked in fierce competition for users and ad dollars with Facebook Inc.
- (11/11) Video games could be next for Snapchat: China’s Tencent – BNN
T-Mobile US, Inc. (TMUS)
- T-Mobile US saw a significant growth in short interest in October. As of October 31st, there was short interest totalling 23,835,042 shares, a growth of 6.8% from the October 13th total of 22,311,643 shares.
- (11/11) Wilting Sales Growth Drops T-Mobile US (TMUS) to Hold – Investorplace.com
Transenterix Inc (TRXC)
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd. (TSM)
- (11/12) China Looks To Chip Away At Taiwan’s Semiconductor Dominance – As China quickly fosters a semiconductors industry. Taiwan and one particular Taiwanese firm may lose their top positions over the next five years.
- (11/12) One Chip Stock’s Getting an Overlooked Boost From Cryptocurrency Mining – Nvidia and AMD aren’t the only chipmakers riding the cryptocurrency mining wave.
Vistra Energy Corp. (VST)
- (11/12) Vistra Energy Corp. breached its 50 day moving average in a Bearish Manner : VST-US : November 10, 2017 – Categories: ETFs Yahoo FinanceGet full CapitalCube analysis *Disclaimer : This is as of previous day’s closing price. Technical Indicators Below is a quick look at 5 technical indicators for Vistra Energy Corp.. More studies are available on the Technical Chart. Indicator Signal Closing Price above/below 50 Day Moving Average Bearish Closing Price above/below 200 Day Moving Average Bullish … Read more (Read more…)
Weibo Corporation (WB)
- (11/12) Are Short Sellers Throwing In the Towel on Social Media Stocks? – The October 31 short interest data have been compared with the previous report. Short interest in most of these selected social media stocks decreased.
SPDR S&P Biotech (XBI)
- (11/12) Biotech: Go With the Flow – Fresh money marched into biotechnology stock mutual funds and exchange-traded funds for the week ended Nov. 8, the second consecutive week of net inflows in the past six weeks, according to Lipper/AMG data. About $62 million flowed into 100 funds with some $58.7 billion in assets collectively. Flows are critical to biotech stock strength, according to Raymond James analyst Laura Chico. “In our view, biotech strength will likely be driven in part by specialist funds,” she said in note published Thursday.
- (11/12) Biotech: Go With the Flow – Barron’s – Barron’s