Founded in 1902, the AUA is a premier urologic association, providing invaluable support to the urologic community. Our mission is to promote the highest standards of urological clinical care through education, research and the formulation of health care policy.
The AUA is committed to supporting urologic research through funding, advocacy and scholarly exchange. The AUA is a leader in helping to identify gaps in knowledge and communicating urology research needs to key constituents at the federal level. The AUA’s Research Scholars Program has provided support to young urology researchers for more than 40 years, and the AUA—through its Annual Meeting and other educational offerings—provides the global urology community opportunities to present, learn and share news of discovery and advancement.
The AUA is a leading advocate for the specialty of urology and maintains a consistent presence in Washington, DC, working with lawmakers and regulators to promote and preserve the interests of urologists. The AUA has a long history of challenging legislation and regulation that negatively impacts a urologist’s ability to provide quality patient care.
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Purpose||To promote the highest standards of urological clinical care through education, research and in the formulation of health care policy.|
|Dennis A. Pessis, MD, FACS|
The American Urological Association (AUA) is a professional association in the United States for urology professionals. It has its headquarters at the William P. Didusch Center for Urologic History in Maryland.
AUA works with many international organizations, representing urologists from across the world. These groups offer full or half day sessions, covering a variety of topics, during the annual meeting.
- Confederacion Americana de Urologia (CAU) - provides sessions in Spanish[permanent dead link]
- Arab Association of Urology (AAU)[permanent dead link]
- World Chinese Urological Society (WCUS)[permanent dead link] - founded in 2006
- Indian American Urological Association (IAUA)[permanent dead link]
- Bangladesh Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS)[permanent dead link]
- Hungarian Urological Association (HUA)[permanent dead link]
- Polish Urological Association (PTU)[permanent dead link]
- Sociedad Argentina de Urologia (SAU)[permanent dead link]
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ)[permanent dead link]
- Japanese Urological Association (JUA)[permanent dead link] - founded in 1912
- Association Francaise d' Urologie (AFU)[permanent dead link]
- International Russian-Speaking Urological Society (iRUS)[permanent dead link] - founded by Dr. Lev Elterman
- Egyptian Urological Society (EUA)[permanent dead link] - founded by Prof. Mahmoud Badr in 1947
- Pan African Urological Surgeons Association (PAUSA)[permanent dead link]
- Caribbean Urological Association (CURA)[permanent dead link]
- Philippine Urological Association (PUA)[permanent dead link]
- Societa' Italiana Di Urologia (SIU)[permanent dead link]