The Schizophrenia International Research Society Biennial Conference focuses on new drug development and the status of cutting edge basic and transitional research in the field of schizophrenia. More than 1500 researchers from 54 countries attended the 6th Biennial Conference in Florence in 2018.
The mission of the Schizophrenia International Research Society is to be a worldwide organization that aims to bring together researchers in schizophrenia and related disorders in order to:
- Exchange the latest advances in research and facilitate the application of these findings to clinical practice.
- Facilitate international communication and collaboration in research.
- Promote educational programs to effectively disseminate new research findings related to schizophrenia, both in the scientific community and the lay public.
- Encourage the publication of research.
- Increase the public understanding of the personal, familial, and societal impact of schizophrenia.
- Support increased research funding for schizophrenia research around the world.
- Promote the highest scientific and ethical standards in research and its application in clinical psychiatric practice.