February 9, 2017: Taser acquired Dextro, Inc, the first computer-vision and deep learning system to make the visual contents in video searchable in real time. Agencies and departments will have the ability to quickly isolate and analyze the most important seconds of footage from massive amounts of video data. This acquisition will form the technology backbone of the new Axon AI platform.
The company also acquired from Fossil Group, Inc. the computer vision team that was part of Fossil Group’s acquisition of Misfit, Inc. The team includes machine-vision researchers focused on improving the accuracy, efficiency and speed of processing images and video. Together, these acquisitions will broaden TASER’s industry-leading DEMS (Digital Evidence Management System) to enable customers to gain more insight from video, photos and audio to improve training, operations and community engagement. Financial terms of the transactions were not disclosed.
February 2, 2017: The US Air Force ordered 1,345 TASER® X26P™ Smart Weapons through Taser’s exclusive sole source distributor, AARDVARK. This order was received and anticipated to ship in the first quarter of 2017. No terms disclosed.
January 10, 2017: Taser International gets FCC approval for Axon Flex 2 HD Camera. Source: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=cLwif3EftMUVNBXgFR9OSA%3D%3D&fcc_id=X4G-S00146
December 29, 2016: Taser International updates investors on Q4 orders with their cloud video storage service Evidence.com.
Axon, a business unit of TASER International and the global leader in digital evidence management solutions with the leading body-worn camera, today announced multiple large orders of its body-worn video cameras and digital evidence management solution, Evidence.com.
These orders were received in the fourth quarter of 2016 and will be shipped in the fourth quarter of 2016 and first quarter of 2017.
– Chesterfield County Police Department (VA): 450 Flex 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Officer Safety Plan. Order also includes 450 TASERX2 Smart Weapons.
– Chattanooga Police Department (TN): 360 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com with Signal technology.
– Garland Police Department (TX): 334 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Officer Safety Plan. Order also includes Axon Interview, Axon Five and Fleet.
– Orange County Sheriff’s Office (FL): 200 Axon Flex cameras with five years of Evidence.com. Add-on order.
– Winston-Salem Police Department (NC): 203 Axon Body 2 and Flex cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Officer Safety Plan.
– Grand Prairie Police Department (TX): 200 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Officer Safety Plan.
– Newport News County Sheriff’s Office (VA): 160 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Officer Safety Plan.
– Fort Collins Police Department (CO): 130 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Officer Safety Plan.
– Lafayette Police Department (LA): 95 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com.
– Provo City Police Department (UT): 80 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Unlimited Plan.
– University of Cincinnati Public Safety (OH): 80 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Officer Safety Plan.
University of Texas – Austin (TX): 80 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com.
– Wayne County Airport Police Department (MI): 73 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the TASER Assurance Plan.
– Chatham County Sheriff’s Office (GA): 70 Axon Body 2 cameras with five years of Evidence.com on the Officer Safety Plan.
December 21, 2016: Taser announced that the Louisiana State Police (LSP) would be among the first public safety agencies in the country to opt for a full deployment of 1,556 Axon Body 2 cameras. The order was received in the fourth quarter of 2016 and the cameras are also expected to ship in the same quarter. Story: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/21/taser-shares-pop-after-closing-body-cam-deal-with-louisiana-state-police.html
In addition to equipping more than 700 Troopers throughout the state with TASER’s next-generation body-worn camera devices, the Louisiana State Police purchased a five-year unlimited Evidence.com license with Axon Five image-processing software specifically designed for investigative, forensic and security applications. Each Trooper will also be equipped with a Signal Performance Power Magazine (SPPM), which enables the camera to turn on automatically when an officer’s TASER Smart Weapon is armed. To address the unique needs of the statewide agency, the Louisiana State Police has opted to equip each member of its force with two cameras, totaling 1,556 units, thereby effectively doubling the amount of data a Trooper can capture before it becomes necessary to upload video to Evidence.com. At the same time, this decentralization makes the Louisiana State Police an ideal fit for the full Axon network (including Evidence.com and SPPM), as it enables efficient storage, management, and sharing of evidence without requiring centralized servers or filing systems.
TASER International Stock Chart
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its growing suite of technology solutions, including AXON body-worn video cameras and EVIDENCE.com, a secure digital evidence management platform.